Finally! We'd been waiting all summer for our weekend at home, and it was fantastic. I had a fun time celebrating the bachelorette (Aunt Annie!) on Saturday, and we enjoyed having Christy and TJ stay overnight with us too. Then we spent Sunday and Monday doing lots of fun family activities - walks around town, a couple of picnics, our first game of frisbee with Jack, 2 trips to 2 different pools (including the waterpark pool!), and a great trip to the fountain at the park across the street. Jack and I also made a 4th of July cake decorated like the American Flag. It was a wonderful holiday weekend!! The only downside was the late night fireworks going off all over our neighborhood - we finally let Jack, who is very sensitive about loud sounds right now (or "youd sounds", as he calls them), come out and rest on the couch while Brian and I ate dinner together. Then I turned in early and let Jack snuggle in our bed - the fireworks didn't bother him at all then, and it was nice to cuddle with our little guy for a couple of nights.



 |
| In this picture Jack is yelling "I LOVE CAKE!!" |
 |
| Jack and Ellie decked out in their 4th of July apparel |
No comments:
Post a Comment