Friday, January 13, 2012

Spring Fever... then Snow!

Winter finally came to Chicago on January 12th.  But the few days before that, we were able to hit up the parks daily which was lots of fun.  We also had a good time at the Nature Museum on Monday afternoon. Then on Friday - it was snow day at the park!  Ellie was pretty skeptical at first, but then she started liking the snow thing - though she only lasted about a half hour (of course, it took me about an hour just to get them all bundled up and over there!)  Jack wasn't ready to stop playing in the snow when we got home, so I carried him to the back deck when we got back and Ellie and I watched him play back there from inside our bedroom.  He can't wait to go back to the park and do some more sledding and igloo building this weekend!







This is Ellie, standing on a drum, looking into Jack's "fort" - when I sent this picture to Brian he said the first thought that came to his mind was The Little Mermaid Song "I want to be part of that world..."  :)
Ellie woke up from her morning nap on Thursday, thrilled to see this crazy white stuff falling!





No comments:

Post a Comment